Delivery at Al Qassimi Hospital, Sharjah, UAE
Al Qassimi Hospital, Sharjah is the second busiest hospital after Al Wasl hospital, Dubai with the birth of 4,500-4,800 babies per year. You can contact Al Qassimi Hospital , Sharjah at 06-5386444 for further enquiries or assistance.
For those of you who wish to have your delivery at Sharjah, especially at one of the government hospitals like Al Qassimi hospital, here are a few pointers:
- First, during your initial months of pregnancy, you can consult a Gynecologist at any private clinic. I would recommend Dr.Susan Jose of Marijah clinic near old Sharjah Cinema at Rolla, Sharjah.
- After you enter your 5th month, you have to open your Prenatal file at Al Qassimi, the old one at Butina area, on the Sharjah-Ajman road. You need to bring your Marriage certificate, passport copies of yourself and your spouse and the health card*.
- You will get free consultations, scans and blood tests done at the old Al Qassimi till your 8th month as long as you don’t develop any complications until the 8th month. In case of any complications, you will be referred to Kuwait Hospital.
- At the beginning of your 8th month, you will be referred to Kuwait hospital and your prenatal file will be transferred there. At Kuwait hospital, initially you have to pay Dhs.250/- and Dhs.50/consultation, Dhs.10/blood tests and Dhs.30/scan thereafter.
- In case of any emergency or in the event of having your delivery pain, you can go directly to the main Al Qassimi hospital.
* Health cards:
It is a requirement for expatriates to have a health card in order to live and work in the UAE. These cards are available to all residents of the UAE for a fee. The medical is usually done at the Public Health Clinic, however some of the private hospitals also offer this service.
Listed below is the necessary paperwork required to apply for a health card:
1. Passport photocopy
2. Covering letter from sponsor
3. Visa application or photocopy
4. passport size photographs
5. Ministry of Health form duly filled
6. Dhs 300 for the health card
7. Dhs 200 for the medical examination
Wish you a happy Motherhood and safe delivery!